I think every year I get more and more excited for Advent.
It is such a beautiful and faith-filled time of year. We prepare our hearts, our families and our homes for the joy of Christmas. We let others witness our waiting.
Since Dominic was a baby, I have been planning to create an Advent storybook tradition. One book each night, to be read aloud together as a family. I have bought a few books during the past 3 years during some after-Christmas sales, and set aside any Holiday books that the kids have received as gifts. With our Advent season being the shortest this year, I was super excited that (with a little help from the library), we would have enough books in our collection for this year!
The boys will also each receive a new book for the feast of St. Nicholas. I am sure that a few years from now, we will have a collection for all of the days of Advent AND Christmas!
A blessed Advent to you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment