Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Over the river and through the woods...

I guess I should write "over the woods", because we had the opportunity to fly to Grandmother's house for our Las Vegas Thanksgiving weekend.  
With just 9-weeks to go until my due date, I was extremely grateful for this fantastic treat!

The boys were also fired up.
Dominic travelled several times as an infant (how could he forget his 14-hour flight to Melbourne), but he had not been in an airplane since his toddler years, so he was excited about this "new" experience.
And Gabriel is just always around for the ride.
They were absolute angels on our airport adventures and our 45-minute flight.  They read their airplane book, watched a TV show on daddy's iPad and munched on their honey-roasted airline peanuts.
They honestly could not have been more adorable.



 We arrived on Wednesday morning and enjoyed settling in and visiting for some time.
That evening we took the boys to the Las Vegas strip for the first time and went out to a yummy dinner.
Traveling gave us all a great appetite!
Dominic also reflected that "everything is too big in Las Vegas".  
Agreed!

On Thanksgiving we went to mass at a beautiful parish.
I can't think of a better way to set the tone for a thankful day, by thanking God for all of the blessings in our lives, none of which we deserve.

Grandma Judy cooked her awesome traditional thanksgiving spread.  
Dominic was honored to name the turkey for the first time.  Inspired from the storybook of Chicken Little, he chose the name "Turkey Lurkey".
The boys had their own "kids table" this year.  They loved it, and I am pretty sure that they each ate about three breadrolls.


It was exciting to be with the Ricci's during the Steelers game that day.  I am not the biggest sports-fan, but I have missed our Sunday morning gatherings since their move! 
The boys dressed up and rode the good-luck goose around the house.  Unfortunately this did not help our cause!
I keep joking with Michael that at least I won't have to worry about going into labor during a Steeler's Superbowl this year. 


Friday we attended a Christmas parade at a nearby mall to welcomed Santa Claus into his quarters.


 Dominic is still obsessed with Nutcrackers this year, and has inducted his little brother into the fan-club as well.
The boys are always putting on Nutcracker shows for us and requesting that we play the music from the ballet while in the car.
It is very cute, and the ballet-teacher in me is extremely proud that they can sing along to the entire musical score!



 


 Our last evening in Vegas coincided with my Brother and Sister-in-law's arrival, and the boys had a blast running around with their cousins and helping Tom and Judy take out Christmas decorations from storage.
Gabriel only broke two-ornaments during the process--  luckily Michael and I are getting very skilled at using Krazy glue these days.



We are so blessed to have such a good family!

 It was a short-trip, but between packing, traveling, unpacking, getting ready for Advent and getting through this glorious third-trimester, I am pretty exhausted!  Everybody has colds and we were very grateful to have the weekend to recover and wind-down a little.

We have been unpacking our Christmas decorations, preparing our Advent traditions and looking forward to this enjoying this special time in our new-home for the first time.

I can't wait to pull out my camera to document and share some of our Advent decorations and activities :-).  

No comments: