Monday, October 27, 2008

1st Trimester Survival Guide


As I ease into my 2nd trimester, (still praying for those 1st trimester symptoms to ease away), I’ve been reflecting on some of my favorite things that have helped me through these challenging weeks.

1) My special nook in the couch- There is nothing better than a little R&R after a long day of work…
2) Lemonade- It helped with the nausea, without the carbonation of Ginger Ale.
3) Buffy the Vampire Slayer series DVDs- We finished the entire series. It was perfect for our numerous nights-in! Might I add, it is a very well-written television series that should have never ended.
4) Books- I’ve always complained that I don’t have time to read. Well, I finally had the chance to exercise my brain while my body grows a human!
5) French Fries- This is an odd one, considering the fact that I am far from being a fast-food advocated. Believe it or not, McDonalds are the baby’s favorite. They always give my nausea at least 1 hour of relief!
6) Fans- Chapped lips are just a minor side effect of wonderful cool air blowing into your face.
7) Children’s toothpaste- Forget teeth whiteners and fresh-mint tastes… I’ve been sticking to strawberry flavor!
8) Prayerfully Expecting- This prayer book helped me to keep things into perspective. I highly recommend it to any expectant mothers!
9) 6 meals-a-day diet- I feel like I eat all day long, but never feeling full and never feeling hungry really helps to cope with nausea!
10) My hubby- I could not have gotten this far without his help, patience and unconditional love!! Thank you M, for making me breakfast every morning, packing my lunches, and taking care of our apartment, errands and chores for the past 3 months. Thanks for always keeping me company when I am not feeling well, even during the middle of the night. I could go on with so much more, and I feel amazingly blessed. Thank you and I love you!!

No comments: