
We definitely had a baby-filled weekend! It all began on Friday with my trip to the doctor, where I heard Baby Ricci's heartbeat for the first time. It was absolutely incredible-- I am standing firm on the fact that it would have brought tears to my eyes even if I didn't have raging pregnancy hormones!!
Later that evening my sweet husband took me on my first maternity clothes shopping trip. Although I look less pregnant and more like I overdosed on chips and guacamole (or in this case crackers and ginger ale), I am facing the harsh reality that my clothes are getting increasingly snug, and my waist will not be getting any smaller in the future! And so, I was officially inaugurated into the world of low-ride pants, empire waistlines, belly belts and stretch-mark prevention creams. I was a little nervous that a sales clerk might point out that i was in the wrong section, and that these clothes were only for pregnant women! In the end, I left South Coast Plaza with a few cute starters for my maternity wardrobe. I also have to confess that I felt very proud/excited walking around the mall with my "Mimi Maternity" Shopping bag.
Saturday I attended my friend Stephanie's baby shower! I tried to pay close attention to all of the adorable baby gifts and parenting advice that were being given to the new mom. I was definitely overwhelmed by all of the "necessities" required for such a small person! Experienced moms, what are baby items/necessities that you couldn't have survived without??
1 comment:
burp cloths, a big blanket to swaddle with, nursing pillow, and a baby carrier thingy so you can have two hands once in awhile.
my best tip: look for baby clothes at ross/tj maxx for awesome deals on the same stuff babies r us carries and childrens consignment shops.
Post a Comment