
Our baby must be growing, because I have had more than one person ask me the forbidden question:
"Are you pregnant?"I thought it was a socially required for all people to NEVER ask this simple, yet very implied question. When i recounted these events to some of my students, they suggested that next time somebody asks, I should respond NO. It made me laugh to think about one's reaction to my answer. Maybe that will teach them... Or perhaps it would be slightly cruel of me.
3 comments:
i like the plump cat. good picture choice...ya someone asked my mom that about 10 years ago...it was super embarrassing and awkward. hopefully people aren't asking you the follow up question I always got: "Was it planned?"
totally not OK for someone to ask. However as your sister-in-law I believe I have an actual right to comment on your tummy and to touch it every time I see you...sorry!
Funny thing- after giving birth to one of the kids we were on the way home from the hospital with our new baby, we stopped at Vons and I wanted to go inside and have Tom stay in the car with the baby. When I was in there somebody said to me "when is the baby due?" I broke into tears right in front of them...kinda awkward!
my grandma did that to our neighbor this halloween...she'd just had their 2nd baby boy 4 days earlier.
Post a Comment