To celebrate, M and I spent the past weekend in Northern California. We drove up to San Francisco for the West Coast Walk for Life. This was our second time attending the event, and despite the dreary weather, over 30,000 people walked together in efforts to protect the dignity of human life. This year we felt especially moved, as we were blessed to walk with our unborn baby! Although the 3 mile walk was somewhat more challenging for my swollen feet, I definitely felt proud of my belly bump. What a wonderful experience!
The day after the walk we continued our road trip to the beautiful Pacific coast. We spent the day in Carmel and Monterrey bay, and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in Pacific Grove. It was somewhat rainy and cold, but we made the best of it! We dined at "Bubba Gumps" for our anniversary dinner. The restaurant is casual, but since Forest Gump is one of M's favorite movies, eating there has been on our list to do for some time now!
On Monday, (our actual anniversary), we headed home, this time via the Pacific Coast Highway. Wow, the sights were absolutely beautiful! We stayed on the CA-1 from Carmel to San Luis Obispo, and although the drive was challenging, it was well-worth it! California truly is a beautiful state.
1 comment:
So glad you guys had a great trip. Sorry I missed the super bowl, but as you know I had somewhere else that I was needed. I have a slew of baby clothes for you. My friends have been giving me theirs too. I will get them to you the next time I see you. Hopefully, it will be before your baby shower. Take care.
Post a Comment