Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Novice Parenthood


We've made it to our fourth week of parenthood... and Dominic is still alive to hear about it! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of bliss and of challenges. Our love for this little child seems to multiply each day-- what a miracle! At the same time, sleep deprivation on top of this new transition has made remembering to eat feel like a huge accomplishment. I am blessed that my c-section recovery has been going well, I feel a little more like myself every day!

Dominic is absolutely awesome. I may be biased, but truly I've never seen anything cuter. Even at 2am, he is pretty darn cute. And yes, he is cute at 4am, and 6 am as well... Our biggest struggle has been his immature digestive system, aka GAS. Mom adjusted her diet for over a week, but it hasn't seemed to help at all! It seems that our poor little guy swallows too much air during his meals. Hopefully this will pass as we continue to adjust to breastfeeding.

This week marked my first days at home alone, without Michael (who went back to work). So far things are going well, though I've thought to myself several times, "How do mothers' do it!?"... I never imagined how challenging it can be to simply fit a shower into my schedule. At the same time, we are finally getting into a bit of a routine (life now revolves around feeding times). I only have one more week before I head back to work part-time, so I am definitely enjoying the extra bonding time.

We can't get enough of our little one, and here are some pics from our homemade Dominic photo shoot!

No comments: