1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Left Dominic for longer than a few hours, twice. Ate a low-sugar, low-carb diet. Met St. Gianna's daughter. Gave birth naturally. Clipped coupons. Ran a 5K. Put our home on the market.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember last year's resolutions, so perhaps that would be a start for 2012.
I also want to feed my family more vegetables, pray more as a family, read with Michael, run a 10K and declutter our home and lifestyle.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Being Catholic, it seems like everyone is always having babies. Ashlee, Lou, Andi... just to name a few.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit? What states did you visit? What counties did you visit?
I was pregnant for most of 2011 and then had a newborn for the rest, so traveling was very minimal this year. We went as far as San Diego county, San Bernadino County, and Los Angeles County...
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More sleep! A house with some outdoor living space. More peace.
I would also like to beat Michael in the video game "Just Dance"...!!
I would also like to beat Michael in the video game "Just Dance"...!!
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Aug 10: Gabriel's Birthday! It was incredible!
Sept 24: Gabriel's Baptism. Such a beautiful and proud day.
Sept 24: Gabriel's Baptism. Such a beautiful and proud day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Organizing an Easter Egg Hunt for (a lot of) kids. Giving birth to my precious angel. Running at 5K three months later. Taking care of 2 babies!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Stressing and feeling overwhelmed over the little things. Being negative when I am so incredibly blessed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had gestational diabetes, and some pregnancy-related sickness. And December was a entire month of colds in our home. Other than, we've been blessed with our good health.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our double BOB stroller. I love, love, love it. Have used it everyday since Gabriel was born.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Michael's. He never ceases to amaze me with his humility, willingness to help with EVERYTHING, and the love he gives to his family.
My family and friends who gave us a helping hand at the end of my pregnancy and as we adjusted to life with a newborn and a toddler. Everybody was so wonderful.
My family and friends who gave us a helping hand at the end of my pregnancy and as we adjusted to life with a newborn and a toddler. Everybody was so wonderful.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I had my first experience dealing with the "terrible two's"... It wasn't depressing, but sometimes slightly appalling. ;-)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Definitely to the mortgage, as usual. And diapers.
15. What did you get really excited about?
These days I feel as though I get most excited about naps and poops. Taking Dominic to Sea World. And Christmas!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
All I can think of are toddler tunes...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier. Family life just keeps getting better and better.
– thinner or fatter? Probably about the same. But I gained and lost 25 lbs, so I have quite a bit of muscle mass that needs rebuilding.
– richer or poorer? Richer both in family and financially. I learned many dollar-stretching techniques in 2011, and my hubby is kicking butt at work to provide for us the opportunity to move into a bigger home.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Given more time, patience and love to Michael. Enjoyed my babies more. Slept...
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
It was perfect! Christmas Eve with both sides of the family at my parents. 8AM Christmas morning mass, followed by breakfast and gifts just the 4 of us. Dinner @ Tom and Shannon's and Dinner @ my parents.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
With my baby boy Gabriel. And as cheesy as it sounds, I fall in love over and over again with Michael and Dominic too. I am so blessed.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
We watched a lot of singing shows this year-- American Idol, X-Factor, the Sing-Off. SYTYCD of course. We've also been enjoying "Up All Night" and the Everwood Series on DVD.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I can't choose! In novels I loved "The Help"and "Falling Together". And yes, I'll admit that I read the entire series of "The Hunger Games". Spiritual books that encouraged me included "Your Labor of Love", "Your Vocation of Love", and "Beloved and Blessed".
This year I've also fallen in love with the genre of Children's Storybooks. I think I look forward to our weekly trips to the library even more than Dominic does.
This year I've also fallen in love with the genre of Children's Storybooks. I think I look forward to our weekly trips to the library even more than Dominic does.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again, all I remember from this year is toddler tunes...
Again, all I remember from this year is toddler tunes...
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby, an easier delivery and recovery.
27. What did you want and not get?
Sleep!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't even remember watching any movies this year... The only movie I saw in theaters was "Winnie the Pooh". :)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 on August 1st. I was exhausted most of the day, having a toddler and being 39 weeks pregnant. We went to Benihana's for dinner though, and it was a lot of fun!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Focusing on the positive in my life, rather than being so hard on myself. Learning to make my daily tasks a prayer.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Well, I was stuck in maternity clothes for most of the year, and then the postpartum phase. I'd say yoga pants were the big hit of the year!
32. What kept you sane?
Michael, going for walks/runs with my BOB Stroller, my friday playmates with the other MORE Moms. My mom taking Dominic on Wednesday mornings since Gabriel was born. Text message conversations with Jacque. Walks with Robyn.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'd call it a tie between Mickey Mouse and Woody from Toy Story.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pregnancy and childbirth make pro-life issues very significant and undeniably personal.
35. Who did you miss?
My grandparents. Tina, Janelle and the girls. The old Lifeteen gang.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
While I technically met my MORE Moms at the end of 2010, our friendship grew, and my gratefulness for them in my life grew over the year. Whitney, Ashlee, Lou, Robin, Clare, Julie, Janelle, Alena... These ladies inspire me so much.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Everything in God's time.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It won't be like this, for long
One day we'll look back laughin'
At the week we brought her home
This phase is going to fly by
So baby just hold on
'Cause it won't be like this for long...
Hello 2012!
1 comment:
chantal, just got around to catching up on your blog! loved your year-end q&a. sounds like motherhood is challenging (i love reading your blog to prepare myself one day), but so happy that your family life is so great and things are so blissful. please say hi to michael for me! :)
Post a Comment