The process is more fun than selling, but searching for a new home has also had some stresses. I am blessed with a husband who works very hard and provides very well for our family. That being said, the cost of living in our area is a challenge.
The early 2000's brought a huge price increase in real estate in many areas of our country, and though not the only factor, I predict that this will be one of the causes of families being physically separated.
Fifteen years ago, Michael and I could have comfortably afforded a single-family home in our area. Now, we can barely purchase a condo for that price. For this reason, our generation of young families are being forced to search for housing elsewhere. We cannot financially afford to live where we grew up, close to parents, grandparents and family.
Many young people choose to move elsewhere for other reasons, including work, education ect. I also realize that in my family, we have forgone the second income (quite common to our area), and been called to have our babies at a younger age than many peers. Despite this, I cannot help but feel slightly heartbroken by the fact that our hometown might be financially out of reach. We are definitely not the only ones in this situation, and I pray that the effects of families being spread far apart in distance do not diminish the love and support generations can provide for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment