I love how different Michael and I's families can be.
I'm pretty sure that my mom and dad's love language is "gift giving", so for as long as I can remember, opening Christmas presents has been a big event. We wait until everyone is sitting and the cameras are out and ready to go. One designated "Santa" carefully takes out a gift from under the tree and distributes it to each family member. Then, one at a time, we open our gift, while everyone Ooohs and Aaahs. This goes on until all of the gifts are opened, often lasting a couple of hours.
Then there is the annual Ricci Christmas party, where everyone passes out and rips open gifts at the same time, in a short but beautiful chaos of gifting and thank you's, wrapping paper thrown all about. This lasts all of about 5 minutes.
As usual, this year's party did not disappoint! We had a blast. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment