1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Ran a half-marathon. Potty-trained our toddler. Sold our condo. Spent almost 2 weeks in Big Bear. Became officially addicted to caffeine.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
We actually wrote down our resolutions for 2012, and sadly, we accomplished few of them. Michael and I wanted to read 3 books together (we finished 1), we wanted pray a family rosary daily, eat more vegetables and run a 10K. The latter is the only one we crossed off!
Oh, and I still HAVE NOT beat Michael in the "Just Dance" video game! I feel like a disgrace to all dancers...
Oh, and I still HAVE NOT beat Michael in the "Just Dance" video game! I feel like a disgrace to all dancers...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
This year seemed more quiet than usual in the birthing department despite our Catholic community! Kathryn, Tina and Whitney each had beautiful baby boys. We are also joyfully anticipating many birthdays in 2013.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We said goodbye to Michael's grandmother in October. She was such a beautiful woman and has been greatly missed in these past few months. We are so grateful that Michael was able to attend the funeral in Stubenville, OH.
We also attended the funeral for my brother's best friend from high school, and one of the teens that we ministered to. It is always so tragic to say goodbye to somebody so young.
5. What countries did you visit? What states did you visit? What counties did you visit?
Once gain, traveling was very minimal this year. We went as far as San Diego county, San Bernadino County, and Los Angeles County...
We spent 10-days in Big Bear for our summer vacation, and besides being hit hard with "foot-hand-mouth disease", we had a wonderful time.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Last year I wrote "more sleep", and I think this will remain my answer for this year :).
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sept 15 - Moving day!
Oct 13- Robyn's wedding!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a new house! Finally selling our condo. Running a half-marathon and a 10K. Organizing an Easter Egg Hunt. Potty-training Dominic. Surviving baby's first year (always an accomplishment!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being overly concerned and stressed about keeping our condo clean for showings. Forgetting to pray throughout my day. Worrying and failing to trust in God!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A very long cold season through the summer months including hand-foot-mouth disease, but thankfully, nothing else.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A brand-new house! And an amazon prime membership.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I can never stop celebrating my husband. He gives and gives, and then gives more.
My mom and dad have also been immensely generous in letting us live with them for 4 months, to save-up for our little dream home. We are so grateful.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All those buyers who walked through our adorable condo and didn't buy it. ;-)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Our mortgage, our new home, amazon.com.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Buying a new house! Selling our condo, and Gabriel's first birthday.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
The vacation bible school song... Our kids make us play it on repeat.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier. God is so good.
– thinner or fatter? No clue! I don't own a scale and plan to keep it that way.
– richer or poorer? Richer in every way!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxed. Enjoyed my boys more. Slept...
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing. Complaining!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We attended mass on Christmas eve, and were honored to be the couple chosen to place baby Jesus in the manger. Since we are living with my mom and dad, we spent Christmas eve and Christmas morning with them, and had dinner with both sides of the family!
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Every day I fall more and more in love with my husband and children.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I've been watching the series of "Dawson's Creek" from the early 2000's. My parent's wouldn't let me watch it when I was in High School and I was curious to find out why. Of course, I've become attached to the characters and the show has officially turned into my brain candy. I am currently finished with season 4 out of 6.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I do not hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Being inspired by St. Jerome's quote that "ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ", I've started reading the Old Testament of the Bible, and studying the story of Salvation. I shouldn't be, but it's surprising how applicable it has been to my life! I've also had a little help from Jeff Cavin's Great Adventure program and the ladies from my Monday morning Bible study group.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
We are still into toddler music this year... though my personal favorite CD has been by Taylor Swift.
We are still into toddler music this year... though my personal favorite CD has been by Taylor Swift.
26. What did you want and get?
Sold our home and bought a new one!
27. What did you want and not get?
A break from cleaning.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Yikes, I can't think of one! We have been so busy that we rarely sit down to watch a movie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 (!!) on August 1st. My mom treated my boys and I to yummy Sprinkles cupcakes, and then my hubby took me out to a Mexican dinner sans-kids!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not complaining or stressing so much about all of the cleaning I had to do. Being more positive. Learning to make my daily tasks a prayer. Being more pro-active in planning play-dates with friends.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Thanks to several gift cards from my parents, lululemon :). Since I spend my days at home with the kids, and my evenings at the dance studio, it is a treat to get to wear "fancy" sweatpants and work-out clothes!
32. What kept you sane?
As always, Michael- my inspiration, my partner, my better-half.
Also, running regularly, teaching dance twice a week, Bible study Mondays and MORE Moms Fridays.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Haven't had much time to follow Hollywood drama these days!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
With the recent election and HHS mandate, religious freedom and pro-life issues have been very significant and undeniably personal.
35. Who did you miss?
With all of our house-selling drama, we didn't have the opportunity to be very hospitable this year. I missed having friends over for play-dates and dinner. Also, living under the same roof as my little brother has made me realized how far we've drifted apart-- I miss our friendship too.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
??? I guess we weren't too social this year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
PRAY. Trust in God. Set goals. Grow in virtue. Relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment