Thursday, March 7, 2013

catching up...


Setting up a home is quite a job!  We moved in a month ago, and have barely stopped to rest in between all of our house projects.  

Our family has been wonderfully busy and blessed!


Despite the long to-do list, our life is finally simplified.  
I feel a flooding sense of peace and relief, for our little family sanctuary.  
We don't have any strangers walking through our home, and we can make up our own schedule that suits our needs.  This is especially a luxury for an introverted homebody like me, with two small children!  Nap-times happen when we are tired, meals when we are hungry.  I am even finding that I even enjoy cleaning these days, in my gratefulness for the beautiful house entrusted to us. 
Simplicity is a glorious thing!



As for the boys, they have adapted to the move very well, and are always growing and maturing at a fascinating rate!  




We are settling into a daily rhythm and I can see how much of a positive impact this is having on them, especially Dominic.  Suddenly his intense fears are fading, the tantrums are lessening, and his sleeping habits are improving.  

He loves asking questions, making up extravagant pretend-play scenarios and reading stories with us.  These days he is especially captivated by superheroes and knights and dragons, and the Disney movie "Cars".  


At 19-months, Gabriel is completely obsessed with beluga whales, hockey, and construction trucks.  
I am not sure if all toddlers can tell the difference between cement trucks, excavators, tractors and trash trucks, but this is all very important to Gabriel.  I have place a stepping stool in front of our bedroom window and he spends many moments a day looking outside and admiring the construction around us.  

His vocabulary is developing rapidly, as he has reached the point where he can mimic almost any sound we make.  I love being able to communicate with him and understand what is going on in his little mind!

He is a very sweet boy, but also mischievous and loves to test limits...  I suppose he is an ordinary and active toddler!


What can I say, other than thank you Lord, for my loving husband and beautiful family!  I am very blessed :).


No comments: