a few hours old
1 year old
2 years old
3 years old
4th Birthday!
Dear Dominic,
Happy 4th Birthday to my very special boy, my blessing from God.
With this milestone, we have really said goodbye to your baby years! You have become an awesome kid, a preschooler and a big four-year old. You are kind, intelligent, creative, funny, curious, imaginative and passionate. You have an incredible zeal for the present-moment, a true love of LIFE. You have the sweetest sparkle in your eyes, and I am honored to have the opportunity to witness to your purity and joyfulness each day in our time together.
You have developed into your role as a loving "big brother". You have much more patience than I do, in teaching Gabriel new words and games. I love listening to you talk to him in your "teacher voice", and watching you read to him, laugh with him, and do other fun "brotherly things" together. You are the first to come to his defense on the playground, and you can be entrusted with small responsibilities such as helping him brush his teeth. Gabriel looks up to you in everything, and I am very delighted in the little role model that you've become. You two are the best of friends, and an entertaining little pair!
You have grown leaps and bounds this year. Besides dropping your daily nap, you have learned to pour your own cup of water and buckle your own seatbelt! Your comprehension of stories, events and experiences never ceases to amaze me. Also, in just the past few weeks, you've surprised me greatly in your ability to start reading. You recognize your letters and each of their sounds-- I know it won't be long before you learn to put them all together. It is very obvious that you are bright beyond your age, and it is exciting to look forward to all of the new wonders that you will absorb this year as you continue to develop.
At 4-years-old, you love dressing up and pretend play, trips to the park, memorizing songs and poems, playing with cars/trucks/action figures, reading books, creating things with blocks, art projects, riding bikes, playing tee-ball, swimming, watching your tv shows and socializing. Other than Daddy, Mommy and Gabriel, your best friends include your grandparents, cousins, our playmates from Bible Study and More Moms, and Mina and the Cooke boys. You love all foods that are sweet, and are a strong advocate that dessert should follow every meal.
Have I mentioned that you are funny!? With your sweet sense of humor, you know how to bring cheerfulness and sparkle to almost any situation. Your imagination takes all of us through your cheerful stories, silly adventures, and entertaining games. Without a doubt, there is rarely a dull moment when you are around!
Thank you Dominic, for all of your gifts. You are a miracle in my life, and a blessing to our family. Despite the joy that I felt on the day you were born, I could have never imagined the intense that happiness you would bring to my world in just four years.
I love you with all of my heart, always and forever.
May God bless you, my sweet boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment