Happy Easter!
Our Easter Sunday didn't go exactly as planned (both kids had 103 degree fevers), but nevertheless it was a lovely, fun, memorable and holy day.
I love giving our children gifts and always put much thought into each item! This year, Gabriel's Easter basket included a new Easter book, a Dover sticker book, the Baby Beluga board book, new pacifiers, stacking cups, a sippy cup and new toothbrushes. Dominic also received a new Easter book, a St. Dominic Savio coloring book, a Paint with Water set, new crayons, a Dover sticker book, a "toob" of knights and dragons, and a sippy cup and toothbrushes.
Of course, both of the boys were most excited about the toothbrushes...
They also received a basketball for the backyard!
Throughout Lent we filled a "bean jar", in which the boys earned dry beans for good deeds and accomplished chores. On Easter morning the beans transformed... into jelly beans!
I was extremely grateful that my parents had attended the Easter vigil, because they were able to babysit our sick boys while Michael and I attended Easter Sunday mass together. Although I missed my boys, it was a treat to be able to pray and focus on the mass!
Afterwards, we hosted a casual and yummy brunch. My parents, Philippe, Tom, Shannon & the cousins came over. We are having too much fun entertaining in our new place. We are blessed!
Our lenten "crown of thorns" was transformed into a bird's nest. Dominic LOVED this small detail.
Even though the boys missed mass, I made them put on their new shirts and bowties. They are seriously handsome boys!
The Ricci kids!
I think the photo below most accurately sums up our day! My poor boys...
After some long naps, we brought our sickies to my Dad and Mom's for Easter dinner. My mom had set up another egg hunt for them!
My parents also had prepared a very challenging Egg Hunt for their "big kids". We are always very motivated to search for eggs stuffed with CASH! Sadly, 2013 was not our year. Combined, Michael and I came home with $3 and a handful of jelly beans. I won't tell you how much $$ Philippe collected...
"...And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel; and as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and on the third day rise..." Luke 24: 2
Happy Easter from our family to yours!










No comments:
Post a Comment