My husband is an amazing man. He truly surprised me this year on my birthday.
Since Michael started his job eight years ago, he has never been able to take a vacation day on my birthday. Poor guy, because despite his wife being quite high-maintenance, the first of the month is also typically one of his busiest work days.
I casually mentioned to him that since I've been a stay-at-home mom, my birthdays have been a little lonely! Though I realize that going into the office isn't the most exciting way to spend a birthday, co-workers wish you a happy year and might even take you to lunch. With young children, lunch dates are not really an option these days... :)
Though I don't think this necessarily inspired Michael's idea, he gave me THE perfect surprise. I ended up with a beautiful birthday filled with prayers from all of my loved ones. Michael asked my family and friends to each offer a decade of a rosary for my intentions. He had organized a schedule, so that essentially, somebody was praying for me at each hour of the day. It was AMAZING! To make it even more special, many friends called me and sent me text messages after their prayer time. I not only received a beautiful gift to be stored in heaven, but I was moved by the prayer reminders throughout my day.


After a prayer-filled day, we enjoyed a super fun night out with the boys and my parents at Benihanas. At the restaurant, the cooks make your food right on your table. The kids had a blast, and the food was delicious! I love all of the expressions on Dominic's face-- he was very entertained!
It was such a joyful day, and I am so grateful. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, prayers and love!









No comments:
Post a Comment