We had a little incident the other day when Gabriel rammed his tricycle into our statue of the Blessed Mother, outside in our garden. She shattered into a lot of pieces.
I brought Gabriel inside for some "cool down" time and to talk to him about what he did. Meanwhile, I realized that Dominic was still in the backyard, and very quiet.
As I peaked out the window, I saw him sitting in the dirt and trying with all of his four-year-old abilities to put Mary back together. He looked at me and said, "It's ok Mommy. I will fix my Mary for you. She is so beautiful, she belongs in our home".
I was drawn by the purity and sincerity in my little boy's desire to better the brokenness of the statue. I want to always remember this tender moment. I learn so much from my children.
We worked together to pick up the pieces and brought her inside for a Super Glue session. Mary is in rougher shape than before, but it looks as though she will make it through...

No comments:
Post a Comment