Last weekend we celebrated six years of marriage.
One of our favorite traditions is to watch our wedding DVD while eating cake. We did it the first year and felt that it should be repeated. The kids love it!
Dominic: Watching your wedding DVD makes me sad. I wish I could have been there dancing at the party too.
Michael always finds a creative way to buy or make me a gift that corresponds with the traditional presents for the given year. For one's sixth anniversary, the traditional gifts include iron, sugar and wood. There was an iron rod (fit with a 2008 Cab) and some of my favorite candy.
Since I have been stuck in the house, I had to get a little creative. Naturally, I made Michael a cheesy and romantic "mixed tape".
We started out our sixth anniversary with morning mass and a special marriage blessing from Father.
Afterwards, we took a family walk and picked up some Subway for lunch.
My parents babysat the bigger boys for the rest of the afternoon and Michael, Nicholas and I headed to a Catholic School Open House. (Can you believe that Dominic starts kindergarden next year? We were really impressed with the school we visited but still have some big decisions to make!)
After the Open House we went out for a yummy dinner at a grown-up restaurant :-). There was no kid menu or a changing table in the bathroom. I enjoyed my first glass of wine in 9-months (!!), and a delicious chile verde entree. We talked about work, school decisions, and our plans for our seventh year of marriage!
Nicholas was a little angel and slept for the entirety of our date night. It was a gift!
From there we headed home to the other little boys and enjoyed more awesome anniversary cake together.
It was a wonderful day!







No comments:
Post a Comment