Sunday, April 27, 2014

annual holy saturday egg hunt

Last Saturday was our annual parish Easter egg hunt.  It was also a special little boy's 5th birthday... but I will post on that separately.

My mom and dad brought the boys so that Michael and I could help with the setup for the event.  As I watched them all walking up from the parking lot I felt that "omygosh they are getting so big" lump in my throat.  We have been attending the hunt since Dominic was a baby-- but that big five-year-old walking towards me in the photo is not a baby anymore.  Annual family traditions are wonderful, but they truly remind me to stop and notice how much the kids have grown.  Slow down, children, slow down...


I was especially excited for Gabriel to bring on his egg-hunting skills.  Although he was old enough to hunt last year, our poor little guy had a high-fever and just wasn't into it.

I'd say he was more than ready this time around.


They were especially proud of their buckets:  sports for Gabriel, and robots for Dominic.


Somebody whispered to the Easter Bunny that it was Dominic's birthday.  He was thrilled to enjoy the attention and a little sneak preview of the candy to be collected during the hunt.  




The boys were split into separate age groups this year, but between both parents and both sets of grandparents, we had them covered.
















Extra credit if you can spot Nicholas in this family photo...


Our five-year-old (five!?!) received a special birthday blessing from Father.



I am not sure it is possible to get three small children to all smile at the same time...



I would say that these little boys did very well in gathering eggs.  We still have buckets of candy to show for it!


No comments: