Thursday, June 5, 2014

as clear as mud

Phew.  We are still busy these days.



It can be hard to find the time to document our happenings.



Sometimes, it is hard to find the time to be present.



I feel as though I am always multitasking.  
Changing a diaper, answering a question, singing a lullaby to the baby...  

I forget to really look into those deep brown eyes and mindfully notice how much he has grown.  I forgot to softly kiss that toddler cheek during those few moments when he sits still.  I forget to start at those chubby fingers while he nurses.


It is so easy to forget to be mindful during this busy, chaotic season.


Luckily, Summer has a way of slowing me down a little.  

I do not feel as guilty about sitting around in the backyard or about putting everyone in the car and going for ice-cream after dinner.  

The days are longer, lazier and lovely.



I am going to try harder to soak em all in.




No comments: