Happy half-birthday to our beautiful girl, Marie Celeste Claire.
6-months well visit stats:
14lbs 7oz
These past six-months have been intense, to say the least. Celeste followed her NICU graduation with three-plus months of colic. She is, after all, not even 4-months-old in her adjusted age. Although it has often felt like living in Newborn Neverland, Celeste's personality is steadily emerging and things are getting easier. And I am slowly clawing my way out of overwhelm and exhaustion...
My saving grace is that she is a good night sleeper. She wakes up to nurse, but goes right back to sleep, mostly uninterrupted. Easy peasy, as Dominic would say. I do have to give a shout-out to my hubby, who wakes up daily before 5AM with Nicholas, to give me a chance to keep snoozing with our littlest one. I am not sure I would be managing as well if I was getting up with both babies!
Naps are not as easy, but she is still too young developmentally to be on much of a routine. I am really looking forward to a more predictable napping rhythm in the near future.
Celeste is still breastfeeding exclusively, which is appropriate for her development. We will plan to try solids when she is closer to 6-months adjusted to her due-date.
Favorite activities include watching her brothers play, chatting and talking, fist sucking, tummy time, being held, being held, and did I mention being held? She also loves being propped into a standing position, which makes us laugh because she looks like a tiny little lady. This also happens to be her pooping position, which makes us laugh harder. Hoping this is a sign that potty-training will be a breeze.
Celeste has physical therapy every other week, and although she still has about a 3-month delay (normal, based on her due date), she hasn't missed any milestones along the way so far. This little baby truly is a lesson in gratitude in every way. May God continue to bless her.
Celeste, Celeste, you're the best! We love you more than you could ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment