Thursday, March 26, 2009

Approaching the End...

Today is day 4 of my maternity leave, and finally the first day that I haven't had a long to-do list of chores and projects to catch up on! It is very challenging for me to relax and "do nothing". I am however, going to push myself to really enjoy the peace, quiet and extra time to rest that has been given to me for these next days. Despite my eagerness to welcome our baby (and no longer be pregnant), I realize that this is a unique and precious time in my life, that I may even come to envy in the future.

As far as we know, everything with the baby/pregnancy seems to be normal and healthy. I've started weekly prenatal appointments, and so far there is nothing new to report! I do know that our baby boy is definitely getting bigger-- I have two little permanent feet sticking out of my right side almost all day long now!

As I was organizing photos on my computer this morning, I came across a funny picture capturing my 1st trimester nausea (or was it the 2nd or 3rd trimester?). Regardless, here I am trying to ease my pregnancy sickness with Ginger Ale and peanut butter... Oh sweet baby boy, what a journey we have been through together these past 9 months!!

No comments: