It is so strange to see the leaves changing colors and the temperature cooling-- in April. Fall has taken over and the Melbournians are bundling up for winter. We have been getting a lot of rain lately, Michael has been working late, and the evil teething fairy has been buzzing around Dominic day and night. There was only one possible solution to these problems: cookie baking and cookie eating.
I am obsessed with baking. Technically, I am obsessed with dough. I'm not sure if I am alone in this, but I have a personal mission to discover the world's BEST recipe for chocolate-chip cookies. Well, last night I made my best-ever (for now). They were so good that I am honoring them with this blog post.
Ta Da!
They taste even better than they look. Toasty on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. I should know, I've already eating half of the batch in less than 24 hours.
While I am on the subject of desserts, I have to mention an amazing Australian cake I was introduced to a couple of months ago: Pavlova. Think angel food cake meets meringue, topped with a creamy sauce and fruit. Blissful. Heavenly. Mmm. I think one of my favorite aspects of the dessert is that it was named after Anna Pavlova, a Russian ballerina. Yes, I remember a thing or two from my Dance History classes! Apparently Anna Pavlova toured Australia and New Zealand in the 1920's, and the dessert was created in honor of her. Dessert and dancers-- You couldn't ask for a better combination!
Unfortunately this photo doesn't do it justice, because the box also wanted a bite of my cake, but hopefully you get the idea.
P.S. To Jacque and Janelle-- It's gluten-free!
1 comment:
oh man, so many things I love in this post! I share your sentiments, given that I frequently spend $12 on a small container of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough from the GF bakery...now that is a ridiculous indulgence! maybe you should find out how we can make that nice gluten-free cake...hint hint!
Post a Comment