It's hard to believe that in less than two weeks we will be home! We are wrapping up our stay in beautiful Melbourne and looking forward to getting back to our ordinary lives. In anticipation I decided to make a list of some things that we cannot wait to come home to:
Family and friends (Obviously!)
Our home
Our bed
A car and the convenience that comes with driving
Mexican food!
Trader Joe's and Target (How have I survived without these?)
Our bbq, slow cooker, rice cooker, baby food cooker and all those other kitchen helpers
Predictable Southern California weather
Suburbia (walking paths, parks, convenient shopping centers)
Being involved at Church
Our jobs
Weekend BBQ's
The Irvine Spectrum
Free babysitting :)
------
To be fair I have to make a list of Australian stuff that we will miss!!
Really cute accents (Although my husband would disagree with this one)
Being able to walk everywhere
Michael having no commute to work (we live on the same street as his office)
Michael coming home for lunch everyday
Downtown Melbourne
Saturday morning muffins
Aussie licorice, amazing sandwiches, cheap sushi, Burger Edge
Quiet weekends without appointments, home projects or any plans at all
Daily trips to the parks to escape the city
Koalas in the wild (I only saw one, but I miss him already)
Great shopping
The metric system
The metric system
Cricket and Australian Rules Football (Michael will miss this more than I)
Beautiful skylines
Being walking distance from the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment