Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Birthday Girl

One of the best parts about becoming a parent has been the opportunity to relive the magic of childhood.  I realized this weekend that we are reopening a beloved chapter in our lives:  birthday parties.

Sugar, friends, cake, pizza, sugar, games, goodie bags, presents and sugar.  And a lot of excitement.  They all fit neatly into the rite of passage leading our young ones into a new year.  Love em' or hate em', you can't escape birthday parties.

This weekend Dominic's little sweatheart, Mina, turned two.  Despite the heat, we had a great time celebrating.

What is a toddler party without a bounce house?

I think these two are smitten... Oh, to be young again ;).

Dominic had his first juice box and successfully learned to use a straw!

They had a pinata and everything! I love pinatas.

It is already so much fun to see all of these babies growing up together.  I can almost image them ten-years from now...


1 comment:

Andi said...

I love the straw pix. Yeah, I had no idea how easily they figure out straws. At Justin and Kat's wedding Ella was 13 months old and I was holding her while holding my coke...next thing I know she was drinking out of the straw...Daddy wasn't too happy about that.