So I promise that I am not ignoring my beloved blog. Nor have I been absent because I have nothing write. I typically enjoy blogging during Dominic's naptime, but I have to admit that lately it has been my naptime as well! I have officially survived my first trimester however, and I still have high hopes that things should be getting a little easier any day now...
Regardless, we've had so many wonderful things going on in the past couple of months-- I definitely need to catch you all up!
In December, Michael finished his LAST grad school class! He can now officially put the letters M.B.A. next to his name on his resume and business card. I am honestly so proud of him! It has been a long 3-year journey, but he accomplished his goal and is already seeing the benefits in his career at work. Did I mention that I am proud of him?
Around the same time, I had the honor of being sworn in as an American citizen with Philippe and about 2,500 others (my parents followed a couple of weeks later). I had very little expectations about the ceremony, but it ended up being an amazing experience that I will always treasure. I cried tears of sadness, tears of joy, and mostly tears of gratefulness. Canada will always be an important part of who I am, but I had never reflected on how much California has become my home in the past 13 years!
The next wonderful blessing also came as the best Christmas gift we could ever receive as parents. Our son slept through the night! And... our son still sleeps through the night! It has been incredible to feel rested again, and it could not have happened at a better time. We are so proud of Dominic for finally reaching this milestone after 20 months of sleepless nights! I confess that we have been indulging a little lately by hitting the sack very early... It is hard to believe that we will ever be able to take a full night's rest for granted again.
As for my pregnancy, everything this progressing very well. I will be 15 weeks along this weekend, and the baby is definitely starting to make his (or her) appearance more obvious to outsiders! I would like to request prayers for a small hematoma that is in my uterus to (dissolve?). It is not posing any serious complications at the time, but it would be nice to be cleared from any potential problems. On the plus side, as a result we have already had 2 ultrasounds and have schedule another in less than 2 weeks from now. I am hoping that our next sneak peek will reveal whether we bring home a little brother or sister for Dominic!
Lastly, this past weekend was important because our treasured Steelers played in the Superbowl! It was a disappointing loss, but the Ricci's definitely know how to throw a party to celebrate their favorite team (Dominic included!)
No comments:
Post a Comment