Saturday, May 19, 2012

an ode to summer

I am definitely a "summer girl".  Perhaps it is because my birthday falls in August, but summer has always been my favorite time of year.  I love the long, hot and sticky days, the smells (and tastes) of outdoor BBQs, and of course, the warm sunshine.  

I also love experiencing the magic of each season through my children's eyes.  Their delight reminds me of long and simple days spent in the pool, the thrill of a later bedtime, hot sand under my feet and the cold and refreshing watermelon and fruit popsicles.  

This week was perfect taste of our imminent summer. 

Gabriel played in our favorite fountains for the first time.  Our little man was completely fearless, and had an incredible time!









We also enjoyed our first taste of juicy watermelon with our lunch!



Check out the front of this litte man's shirt...



Dearest Summer, we love you.  Please arrive soon!

No comments: