Dearest Gabriel,
Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet angel.
In just two years, it is difficult to remember life without you. Your loving presence is as much a part of me and our family as ever, and it feels as though it was just yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time. You truly belong to me, my beautiful boy, and I thank God everyday for entrusting you in my care.
This has been a big year for you! Everybody talks about the big developmental changes from birth to one, but I believe they are just as big from age one to two. You've grown up from being a toddling, babbling baby, to a awesome, sweet, curious, talking and funny toddler!
You have a kind and playful spirit. I admire the love and trust you have for those who are close to you. You absolutely adore your mommy, daddy, big brother and grandparents. You are tactile by nature, and will gladly steal snuggles from any of these lucky people! You melt our hearts daily with your kisses and "i love you's". And that big, genuine smile of yours quickly wins anyone over...
Your sense of adventure and independence scares me just a little! You love trying new foods, playing new games, and exploring new corners and vantage points. "Higher" is your only desire while I push you on the swing, and you are constantly testing out new heights to climb, jump, or free fall from. It is a miracle that your second year didn't bring us any trips to the ER! You are also willing to take matters into your own hand, if Mommy doesn't respond right away. You might ask for a certain item upstairs in your room, but often end up walking up and retrieving it yourself! This is something even your older brother never does, and it never fails to surprise me.
This year you have also mastered your "copycat" skills. You carefully observe the world around you, and try it out with your own body. Your vocabulary grows each day, and you are still growing into a graceful, agile little boy. You make physical activity look easy and effortless-- no clumsy toddler stage for you!
It is so fun to see your interests developing. Your sport is definitely hockey. Everything reminds you of a hockey stick, puck, skate ect. And if things get too quiet around the house, you never fail to start up a discussion about "hockey!". I love watching you pretend to play, as you run around making sound effects and crowd cheers.
This year also ended our nursing relationship, something that I will always cherish! You have been a mama's boy since day one in the hospital, and we have always enjoyed our quiet bonding time. You loved nursing so much that I never imagined you weaning-- something that happened peacefully, slowly and naturally. Though we haven't nursed in a month or so, you love talking about giving your "mama's milk" to your new baby brother.
Though you will have many more years to learn virtue and grow in grace, you remind me on a daily basis how the childlike are closest to heaven. You've learned to sit through mass, participate in songs, play "mass" at home, and say many simple prayers. One of the highlights of my day is our prayer of thanksgiving before bedtime-- you always remember to thank our Lord for the most simple and insightful blessings. God bless you Gabriel!
We are so excited to share another year with you. In a few months, you will step into the roll of big brother, and I know that you will be amazingly caring. Though we still haven't had that many weeks to prepare, you already talk, sing, kiss and cuddle with my growing belly. You are such a wonderful child little one!
Happy Birthday beautiful child, I love you with all of my heart.




No comments:
Post a Comment