I am a big believer that children learn the most while they play. Play gives kids an outlet for their imagination and a chance to process everything going on around them.
We try to foster imaginative play in our home by limiting TV, reading a lot of books, and keeping our toy boxes somewhat simple. I find that they always come up with the best games on days when they are especially "bored".
We also try to avoid brand-named toys or products. A simple teddy bear/doll/car can be so many different characters-- while Lightning McQueen will always be Lightning McQueen.
These days however, Lightning is quite the celebrity in our home and is being played with for hours on end...
I love witnessing these boys get lost in their games and imaginary worlds. What a gift it is, for children to have carefree days to simply grow and enjoy themselves. It is truly a precious time.
Slow down sweet boys, you are growing up too fast!



No comments:
Post a Comment