Thursday, July 24, 2014

fourth of July

We have not ventured very far since Nicholas arrived and we felt excited to get away for a few days. 
 Traveling and vacations are a lot of work with little ones.  Nap, sleep and meal schedules get disturbed, and things get a little crazy when little ones are tired or hungry.  

I realized as we cozied down in my parent's cabin what a gift a change of scenery can be.  Seeing my sweet children in a different background and routine highlights so many wonderful and unique things about them that I fail to notice during the day-to-day grind.  Slowing down allows me to mindfully catch glimpses of special moments that I would have otherwise missed.
We had fun!

Although it never rained hard, we mostly relaxed indoors and admired the sky was full of lightning and the cool, humid breeze.  We even survived an earthquake...

Hands down, our favorite activity of the weekend was PUZZLES!

and KARAOKE!  

 



And reading.  



Baby's First Fourth of July.

 

It was so much fun to let the kids stay up late and enjoy the Fireworks.  



Nicholas continued the Ricci Baby Tradition and slept through his first Fireworks show, tucked into my baby carrier.
I have had these pants since High School.  Another fun (and slightly stressful when I am postpartum) Fourth of July Tradition.















No comments: