Wednesday, December 31, 2014

my attempt at a bookish year



2014 resolution:  Check.  That feels pretty great.  

This past year I resolved to read everyday.  It is so simple, but I have been lacking in the habit since I graduated from school and spent my time with required reading.  My guidelines were that I had to read for a minimum of five-minutes each day, and it had to be from a book (blogs and online articles did not count).  Many days I read for more than five-minutes, but on others (most?) I only squeezed in those minimum requirements.  I realize that this is not an extensive list by any means, but I am glad for the habit it has created.  It is encouraging how many finished books five-minutes a day can add up to.  I do not think that, going into 2015, my day will be complete without spending a few minutes with a book.


Spiritual/Faith Reading

Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales **
 The Little Oratory by Leila Marie Lawler **
Holiness for Housewives by Hubert van Zeller **
 Uniformity with Gods Will by St. Alphonsus Ligori **
Momnipotent by Danielle Bean
Something Other than God by Jennifer Fulwiller *
Joy to the World by Scott Hahn *


Non-fiction

The Premature Baby Book by William Sears *
Hold On to Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld **
Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax **
The Brainy Bunch by Kip and Mona Lisa Harding
Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie **
Your School of Love by Agnes Penny 
A Landscape with Dragons by Michael O'Brien *


For Fun/Fiction

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusah 
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion *
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


With the Kiddos
Trumpet of the Swan by EB White *
Stuart Little by EB White
Squanto Friend of the Pilgrims by Clyde Robert Bulla
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder**
Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder *

*Favorite
** Drop everything and read immediately :)




No comments: