Alleluia. We are officially down to one baby in diapers.
"Mommy, remember when I told you that I would wear my underwear tomorrow? Well, that was yesterday. So tomorrow is today."
And that's it. My second son is potty-trained, without the "training part". If you have the patience to wait until your child is three-and-a-half, this really is the easier way to go. Sure, we have a little potty, M&Ms and we give a lot of praise and encouragement for practice. But I never forced him to sit on the potty or wear undies. I waited until he was ready.
We have a tradition in our home that the potty-trainee gets a trip to the IKEA play land. Diapers and pull-ups are not allowed and Gabriel has longingly watched his big brother enter this "big kid" space for the past couple of years. Last week it was finally his turn.
We were a little heartbroken that there was a 45-minute wait for the play space (aka daycare) during our trip. That didn't stop us from enjoying a hot dog and frozen yogurt to celebrate our little man. We are so proud of him and I am still marking this milestone with this post.



No comments:
Post a Comment