Thursday, April 9, 2015

what we've been up to: March



Still not a lot of blogging going on these days.  Blogging would get in the way of my couching and gestating, which has been requiring almost all of my energy these days.  Yep, we have been blessed with another little Ricci on the way!  Estimated due date is October 19th, and for those of you who don't want to do the math, that means I am almost 13-weeks along now.  We are so so thankful for this precious life we have been given.  

First trimester with three little ones HAS been kicking my butt, but my boys are taking very good care of me.  Other than some mild cases of cabin fever, the boys occupy themselves by playing together really well.  And my husband is a saint who has somehow managed to take on so many of my regular duties joyfully.  I am so grateful.

We have also had plenty of distractions and business going on as usual.

Dominic
Almost six

Tee-ball!  Michael took on the job as head coach (as though he doesn't already have a lot going on) and Dominic is really enjoying his second season of tee ball.   His favorite position is catcher, because he "gets to wear armor".  He is a smart boy who is also always trying to figure out how to tag somebody "out".  It is so sweet to watch him and his fellow Lugnuts teammates play.





Gabriel
3.5 years old

I am obsessed with this shot of my Gabes playing hockey.  He is the youngest and smallest in the hockey program, but he holds nothing back.  He fearlessly skates up to 7 and 8-year olds to steal the puck.  It is awesome to watch.  Other than spending a lot of the day trying (and usually succeeding) in making us laugh, he is also in a major assertiveness phase.  If things don't go his way, BEWARE.  Tantrums can last almost 1-hour right now.  It breaks my heart but I know that it is a phase.







Nicholas
15-months

Nicholas has joined the family hockey-obsession.  He watches all games intently, and asks me to reread his hockey books over, and over, and over again.  Every evening we say goodnight to Jesus on our crucifix, a few saint icons on the wall, and obviously the Ducks player on our hockey calendar... Some of his other words include "Mama, Dada, Dada (Dominic), Baba (Gabriel), and Nana (banana and catch-all for anything else).  He is our latest communicator so far, and I have to admit that it can be a challenge to avoid conflict and tantrums when we aren't sure what he is trying to say.  






 

Liturgical Living: Lent

I can't let a March recap go by without mentioning Lent.  Sometimes I fly through this season, full-heartily forgoing my desserts, and establishing new, fantastic prayer habits.  I approach Easter feeling stronger, fuller and better for it.  But sometimes Lent can also be so, Lentish

This year God has chosen penances for me.  I wrestled with him about giving up chocolate instead, but as usual He ended up on top.And I know that it is GOOD.  Very good, in fact.  Truly, you have formed my inmost being.  You know me Lord, you know my struggles, you know the best way to mold me into who you created me to be.  

This year's Lent made me feel weaker, smaller and less-capable than ever.  I stumbled left and right with physical fatigue, and what feels like a lot of hard news.  A couple of dear friends are sick.  A good friend is moved away, again.  Nausea and circumstances made it difficult for me to get out of the house.  But that is where the spiritual growth should come in.  Detachment.  Prayer.  Gratitude.  Leaning on God to pull me through to Easter.  And of course, He is there.  Always waiting.  Always loving me.

Oh, Lent.  I am so glad you are over.



Other Fun/Noteable Events
An NHL Hockey game!







A Goodbye/Send-off Celebration for some very good friends.



And that's it for now!  I'll be back soon with some photos from our beautiful Easter celebration.





No comments: