Monday, July 27, 2015

Lately...

We've been summering over here, enjoying (and somewhat surviving) the heat, reading, playing baseball, BBQ'ing and staying busy as usual.

 

Dominic lost his first, second and third teeth since I last blogged!  Poor kid keeps literally losing them though-- he swallowed one, lost one during a swimming lesson, misplaced the latest...  Luckily he doesn't have to worry about proof for the Tooth Fairy because his Grandpapa has been giving him a pretty high-return on his naked gums.


The boys enjoyed a very fun afternoon at a Major League game with Coach Daddy.  They had the opportunity to parade on to the field with Dominic's Tee-Ball Team.  They were so happy about it.  Hockey what?! We definitely have baseball fever these days!

 

 



 


 

 


Our Father's Day was low-key but nice.  After mass we relaxed together as a family, and BBQ'd with my parents for dinner.  I am so thankful for Michael, and I am pretty sure our little boys appreciate him too.  




We spent yet another delightful Fourth of July up in the mountains.  The cabin is up on the market these days, so we soaked in the beauty of the area, knowing it might be one of our last trips.  The boys stayed up for the firework show, and being the responsible parents that we are, we woke up our sleeping baby and brought him along too.   It was so much fun!







The boys participated in a new (to us) Vacation Bible Camp for a week and had a blast.  They spent the mornings outdoors in the canyon playing games, learning about scripture, making new friends, and singing camp songs.  Almost 3-weeks later we are STILL singing all of the songs and practicing the routines.  It was an awesome week.


This VBC was Gabriel's first experience away from home.  Since they were in separate age groups, one of my favorite parts of the week was picking up the boys and hearing them chat with each other about the activities they did and the snacks they ate.  Since they are always together it is easy for me to take for granted how close they are, and it warmed my heart to see how much they missed each other.




 




Watching his brothers leave for camp everyday was tough on Nicholas.  He kept playing dress-up with sneakers, a hat and a backpack-- perhaps hoping that I would let him go as well?  He is such a cutie.


 After a full-week of camp, we recharged over the weekend to get ready for another week of Vacation Bible School at the nearest parish to our house.  This is the VBS that Dominic has participated in for the past three-years, so he was looking forward to the familiar environment and program.

Unfortunately, we barely survived the week, as a nasty stomach-bug chose to strike the entire household.  Dominic bounced back quickly and only ended up missing one of five days, but Gabriel, Nicholas and I were sick for most of the week.  So... very few pictures from that experience!


Phew!  I've had a few people ask me how I can possibly homeschool, but after 2-weeks of camp drop-offs, I feel like I have it much easier most days!  Being in the car (all-day?), packing lunches and getting all of the kids ready by a certain time was absolutely exhausting.  I suppose we will adjust if needed, but I also must mention that I don't know how YOU do it!

And I think that is about it!  Last week Michael took the kids to another MLB game, and then I ventured out to the local zoo with them to really make an attempt to top-off those summer memories ;-).  At 28-weeks prego I am starting to slow-down and swell-up!  Our baby girl is doing great so far however, and moving, wiggling and kicking constantly.  I actually predict that we may have a slightly spastic sister on our hands.  We are relaxing again this week before we start up with First Grade in August!  I plan to take the month of October off of schooling when we welcome our baby girl, so we will be getting a bit of a head start.  

So... until then!  XOXO.








No comments: