Another month has flown by. I am already feeling us starting to shift into "summer mode", as our days are growing longer and our rigorous Kindergarten academics have come to an end.
Mothers' Day
Mothers' Day weekend brought me a most wonderful and refreshing gift. My courageous husband packed all three kids into the minivan for a four-hour road trip across our state border to visit his parents for a few days.
While the kids were being loved-on by their grandparents, I experienced my first silent retreat since I became a mother. I spent 48-hours reveling in the silence, the time for prayer and spiritual nourishment and enjoying the fact that I did not have to make any meals or wash any dishes. It was a refreshing way to reset, deepen my faith and store up some graces.
All five of us came home late on Saturday, meaning that we had the opportunity to enjoy Mothers' Day as a family. We met my own Mama for a delicious brunch at the golf course and the boys did not miss out on any opportunities to spoil me further.
Tee-Ball
Tee Ball season finally ended this month, with our Lugnuts finishing in 4th place. Dominic had a blast this year and took so much pride in his games. One of my favorite highlights was when he was responsible for all three "outs" during one inning, through his fielding. He beamed with joy and delight for days after this. What a joy it is to see your children accomplish something special!
It's a Little Lady!
My recent ultrasound confirmed that we have a daughter! Though we would have been just as thrilled with another son, it has been so much fun to be able to share our joy with our family and friends... The grandmas have already started shopping. I am officially past the halfway-point in my pregnancy and starting to feel our baby girl kicking... or perhaps practicing her ballet battements? :)
Field Trip- Kellogg House
Dominic and I satisfied our love of History with a field trip to a Victorian-era home with our homeschool group. It was an awesome hands-on adventure and a lovely afternoon. The kids even dressed up as Victorian children. Dominic was thrilled that he looked like his patron, Saint Dominic Savio.
Always Hockey
It's tough to mention this month without talking about Hockey... Because with the Ducks in the play-offs, our home is still all about hockey. The kids were really bummed with the game 7 loss, but I think I am slightly excited about discovering some new interests for the summer.
We also celebrated Pentecost with our annual "Flames of the Holy Spirit Cake". These family traditions felt almost silly to start when I had just a toddler, but I enjoy them so much now that the kids remember to ask for them!
And... I think that about wraps it up! Now that my nausea is subsiding, hopefully I'll be popping in more frequently during June!
No comments:
Post a Comment