Thursday, August 1, 2013

momma, again!

Phew, I think The Ricci's are finally caught up!

I have fallen so far behind in documenting our life in the past few weeks, due to my battle with "morning" sickness.   (Not a battle that I typically win!)

It is hard to believe that I haven't even had a chance to officially announce our newest little blessing, due January 31st!  
My boys were each born two days after their due dates, so I am anticipating our new baby in exactly six months from now :).


All four of us are absolutely thrilled, humbled, and grateful!  The baby's proud big brothers are already storing up on kisses for him or her.  This little child has no idea how much he or she is already loved.

Though this first trimester is always a challenge, it is easier this time around.  I have two beautiful blessings who have completely stolen my heart, to remind me what it is all for.  Children that God chose just for me.  And soon there will be one more!  What an honor to be a mother to another created soul.

I remember the day-after my wedding.  Friends had warned me that I might have some post-planning blues-- the big event that I had dedicated so much time to preparing for was over.  Instead, I woke up feeling so in love, so happy, and so much more complete.

And then there was the morning I woke up in the hospital, after 4 days of labor and an invasive surgery.  I looked over and saw the tiniest little person, swaddled and wiggling around in his miniature bassinet.  My heart was bursting with joy.  Lord, I didn't know I could feel more love and joy than I already did, but our family really needed sweet baby Dominic!  Now I was really complete.

Through my pregnancy with Gabriel, I worried that I would not have enough love.  I gave everything to Michael and Dominic, and they fulfilled me in ways I could never imagine.  Of course, as I nursed my angel Gabriel for the first time, I understood how love truly multiplies.  And Gabriel was missing all along, NOW our family felt complete.

I will never be able to understand why God has blessed me infinitely with another baby.  But this time, when I struggle to change a smelly diaper, or to put together a PBJ (peanut butter and my sense of smell are not getting along these days), I can trust that it is worth every sacrifice.  I give my babies my body, my time and my love-- but they give me so much more.  They complete me.  And I truly believe, that the new child in my womb will complete me in ways I could have never imagine, because our God is so, so, so good.

Thanks be to God for baby Ricci number three!!  We are hoping to find out if it is a boy or girl in the next week or two.  Daddy and Dominic are guessing a sister, while Mommy and Gabriel are imagining another brother... 

No comments: